Note: There is a slight technical issue with our voices towards the middle. We’ll replace with a higher quality file in the next week.
05% Arabic – 95% English
Azzbda starts at 56:28
In Saudi, how people interact in virtual and physical public spaces has changed a lot in the decade. In 2010 KSA was the fastest growing Twitter using nation. There was no guidebook, no committee, no one to set rules on how to use these new forms of media. With the majority of KSA users being under 35, it was up to these young people to set new boundaries and ways of interacting.
Maria Mahdaly is a founding partner of the innovative media and publishing house Rumman Company, which serves as the umbrella company for Destination (Jeddah, Riyadh and Sharqiya) and lub creative.
Her work has earned accolades throughout the GCC. In 2010 her company was named the fastest growing start up in the Global Competitiveness Forum and in 2012 she was listed by Gulf Business as one of the GCC’s 30 under 30 Top Young Achievers. She was also named by Arabian Business Magazine as one of the Arabian Business Power 500 Most Influential Arabs of 2012.
- Ammar Sabban: Instagram | Snapchat | Twitter
- Khayra Bundakji: Instagram | Snapchat | Twitter
- Widad Hamidaddin: Twitter
- Layalina Magazine | ليالينا
- Fainak’s Garage Sale – Arab News
- Destination KSA
- GCF (Global Competitiveness forum)
- Destination KSA app: iTunes | Google Play
- Start with Why – Goodreads
- Good to Great – Goodreads
- Creative, Inc. – Goodreads